FILAMAR ESV C0348
FILAMAR ESV C0348 is a totally organic varnish/ enamel coating, C-3 class (ASTM 976) with outstanding punchability. It has a single component polyester base with a melamine cross-linker. It does not withstand SRA (Stress Relieving Annealing) treatment.
- FILAMAR ESV C0348 is suitable for coating thickness of 2-5 microns.
- It is designed for applications in high line speed coating systems.
- On account of its outstanding punchability, FILAMAR ESV C0348 is suited for high speed punching machines.
- Pure organic character of FILAMAR ESV C0348 is responsible for a non-porous weld only at very low coating thickness. Weldability is poor for high thickness.
- Wide range of applicable coating thickness (2-5 microns) distinguishes FILAMAR ESV C0348 from other coreplate C-3 varnishes.
FILAMAR ESV C0348 is hot curing. Optimum curing temperature depends upon the dwell time in the furnace and must be determined for each oven separately.
For FILAMAR ESV C0348, cure pattern is a strip temperature (PMT) of 250 °C for dwell time of 1 minute inside the curing furnace. This can however, be altered as per customer demands.
Following properties are for a typical 2 micron coating thickness.
FILAMAR ESV C0348 (C-3)
||Insulation Resistance (For 2 microns lamination)
||2-3 times Bright Steel
||Stress Relieving Annealing (SRA)
||Does not withstand SRA