FILAMAR ESV U356
FILAMAR ESV U356 is a chrome free C-5 class (ASTM 976) insulation varnish, made up largely of inorganic phosphates in organic polymer complexes designed to provide superior electrical insulation properties along with good weldability, punchability, adhesion and superior stability post stress relieving annealing treatment.
- The product is suitable for coating thickness of 1-3 microns.
- It is suited for applications in high line speed coating systems.
- It is well suited for aluminum casting, welding and annealing with good adhesion of the annealed layer at coating thickness lower than 2.5 microns.
- Chemical reactions of the phosphate groups with steel surface ensure excellent insulation values at small coating thickness.
- Non-chrome nature, low thickness, high IR, superior punchability & weldability distinguish FILAMAR ESV U356 from other C-5 coatings.
FILAMAR ESV U356 is hot curing. Optimum curing temperature depends upon the dwell time in the furnace and must be determined for each oven separately.
For FILAMAR ESV U356, cure pattern is a strip temperature (PMT) of 350 °C for dwell time of 30 seconds inside the curing furnace. This can however, be altered as per customer demands.
Following properties are for a typical 2 micron coating thickness.
FILAMAR ESV U356 (C-5)
||Insulation Resistance (For 1-3 microns lamination)
||2-3 times Bright Steel
||Stress Relieving Annealing (SRA)